Friday, October 3, 2014

Welcome to my new blog

Welcome to my new blog.  It features my creative writing and artwork, sometimes with detailed information on the creation of certain pieces - the how and the why.

As an artist I create paintings that express a myriad of images from my internal and external experiences.  I play with a variety of mediums and approaches to suit my intentions of the moment. Sometimes a painting will simply be about play and nothing else.

My poetry has largely sat hidden in binders and in digital form on the parade of hard drives that passed through my life since the advent of computers.  When I was much younger I entertained the dream of being a semi-famous published poet but the dream became frazzled with editors who wanted to alter my words and lines.  No one would dare to tell me that they would only accept my art if I changed it to suit them.  Why is it an accepted practice with poetry?  Nevertheless I continued to put pen to paper for many more years during those moments of introspection, always with the intention to share it all one day.

Now I am at a point in my life where I have no need to make a living from my creations.  I believe there is another reason that I remain motivated to play with observations, words and paint.  Here, through my blog entries you may spot my underlying purpose.  The arts - be they poetry, painting, dance, music, drama...carry a different language: one of emotion and of spirit - a growing spirit.

I hope to entertain, to educate, but mostly to inspire.  Take from it what you need, share my blog if you like, but remember to respect my inherent copyright of everything here.

Thank you for joining me.

You may also follow my other blog: http://balancebykatherinebird.blogspot.ca/





Quatre Sanctity, 2003
Acrylic with additives



I like to believe that we walk through our physical lives representing four parts - depicted here in feminine form.  We are Universal Source ('God' energy), Spirit (the higher, immortal self), Physical Body (the manifestation of spirit in the form of matter), and The Child (the seeker/learner within us - motivated to grow).










1 comment: